-
July 15th, 2002, 04:19 PM
#1
Inactive Member
1) You have to disconnect the lower engine torque mount from the unibody in order to get the belt on. Once that mount is disconnected from the body, lower the engine by loosening the three bolts on the driver's side main engine mount.
2) It helps to have the PS Pump disconnected from its' bracket to make access to the AC belt tensioner easier.
Good luck.
-
July 15th, 2002, 09:04 PM
#2
Inactive Member
No questions about #2, Holden. . .Thanks! But about #1. . .can you describe the lower engine torque mount?
You don't have to disconnect the axle?
Since I would be disconnecting the motor mounts, would this be a good time to install an aftermarket set of motor mounts?
-
July 15th, 2002, 09:09 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
You can get a set of the ES Torque Mount inserts, but you still will only be able to install the front two, because the rear one is a major bitch.
-
July 16th, 2002, 12:18 AM
#4
Inactive Member
The mount is below and to the front of the crank pulley. Two big (14mm?) bolt screw into the body. It's a semi-circular rubber piece with a bracket on the outside and a rod into the middle.
You're nowhere near an axle. Don't worry.
Yes you could put mounts in now, but it's not a lot of work to do the easy two later.
BTW: The rear mount CAN be done with the blower still attached. It'a complete bitch though!
-
July 16th, 2002, 03:53 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Well, like the question says. . .
I've changed my supercharger belt and alternator belt several times. The power steering belt is definately no problem. But the one belt that has always stayed on is the AC.
Can someone give me some instructions on how to change it. . .especially the part about disconnecting the axle (I think). Thanks.
-
July 16th, 2002, 05:22 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Thanks guys!
I guess I'll buy a set of ES motormounts and then install the front two when I change my AC belt out.
Any tips on how much to tension the AC belt? I broke the bolt (the 12mm extra-long head) that holds the AC pulley to the bracket TWICE!! Just snapped in half. . . [img]frown.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks